I realised that people/companies may like to get to know the person behind the blog, so here goes 20 facts about me.
Instead of just rhyming out 20 random facts I’m going to explain a little about each one.
(All photos used from here throughout this post are my own)
Here we go…
I would like to start by simply introducing myself.
Hi, I’m Emily, 22, Belfast born and raised, crazy but lovable blue eyed bitch xo
1. I have an older brother, Craig, he is 25 and I truly believe he is the greatest brother anyone could have.
2. I’ve always been creative – since I was a little girl I always had a love for art, photography etc… and it has stuck with me all my life.
3. I have a disease called Osteogenesis Imperfecta, which is basically ‘brittle bones’. Brittle bones is when your bones are very weak and will break very easily, growing up my mum was always taking me to the hospital for broken bones and it wasn’t until I was 14 I broke my knee in a spot that is apparently quite difficult to break (but I of course managed it), once that happened I was sent for multiple tests and was finally diagnosed with the disease aged 14. I currently have a broken back, which happened when I was 16ish, there is no treatment I can have for it so unfortunately I’m stuck like this.
4. I am a fully qualified nail technician (acrylics) and a qualified beauty therapist.
5. I used to be an Art student (links with fact number 2) and I was also a fashion student, and got diplomas in both courses. The dress I created for my final piece in fashion was featured in a fashion show! (Very proud moment)
6. Fun fact: Monkeys (well the primate family in general) are my all time favourite animal, again since I was a little girl I have always loved them. (Pic included is me at Blackpool zoo at the monkey enclosure)
7. This fact kind of ties in with number 6, Blackpool is one of my all time favourite places. When me and my brother were little my mum, Nan and grandad used to go there every year for our holidays, some of the best memories are from there. Now me and my mum go every Halloween. It feels like home.
8. I have actually had my art work displayed in a gallery, and ontop of that I had a few people want to buy my piece that was on display but instead of selling it I brought it home for my mum to have. Wish I had a photo of it in the gallery.
9. I was born on Christmas Day, 1994 in Belfast Northern Ireland. I was the first baby born that Christmas and was labelled the peace baby (I was the first baby born on Christmas Day 25 years after the troubles). Me and my mother dearest had our photo on the front page of the Belfast telegraph.
10. I have 2 dogs. My baby girl is called Dottie (black and tan) and my baby boy is called Bailey (tan). It’s crazy how much these 2 little rescue dogs have helped me in their short lives, and they don’t even realise it.
11. I hate having boring hair. I have had my hair a shit tonne of colours, lets see… red black, bright red, blue, orange (unintentionally), bright purple, darker purple, crazy extreme blonde, pastel pink. Yano just to name a couple.
12. I love taking photos, I am the only one in my family that does. I love it simply for the memories, at family events etc.. I’m the one taking the pictures, I live for them everlasting memories. (Part of my art course we had to take photography).
13. My life goal is to become a bridal and occasional wear designer, it’s my absolute dream. I want to be able to create one of a kind pieces for all different shapes and sizes of women without them feeling insecure about themselves, if I can help atleast one woman boost her self confidence with the help of my creativity then sign me up.
14. No one really knows this, not even family but.. I suffer quite badly with social anxiety. Being out in town with crowds of people completely freaks me out, the thought of having to talk infront of people makes me want to physically pass out.
15. I was pretty badly bullied in school, even as a child and teenager. Because of me experiencing bullying, I cannot stand to see anyone being picked on etc, if I see it I have to step up and say something even if I don’t personally know the person, I physically cannot stand by and watch it happen. Bullying really messed me up, my self esteem and self confidence was really effected and still is to this day because of it. So, if anyone reading this is experiencing bullying or anything of the sort, physically, emotionally or mentally please, please I beg speak to someone, do not suffer in silence like I did. If you don’t have anyone in your personal life then please do not hesitate to message me, I’m always here to listen.
16. If I was too have an alcoholic drink (I’m not really a drinker) but I would always choose a Malibu and lemonade.
17. My mum is my best friend.
(Photo included is my Nan, me and my mum a few years ago at a wedding fair)
18. My work and work station has to be tidy at all times. I simply cannot get work done if the place I’m working at is messy, all my college coursework has to be neat and coloured coded.
19. Currently my favourite band is Walking On Cars, Patrick’s voice is beautiful. (He could sing to me all night…)
20. For my final fact about myself I will let you all know who some of my absolute most man crushes are… please feel honoured. It’s hard to think of the top of your head, but I have loads more, these are the few that pop into my mind for now.
(I’m prone to liking bad boys…)
So, that’s the end of all the facts I have to share for now, I hope you enjoyed getting to know me slightly better, if I remember anything to add I may come back to edit it in.
*If you enjoyed this post and would like to consider me to review your book or book related items, please contact me at – Emilyloureads_@outlook.com Thank you!*